Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Cupcake mania

So, I have totally hit a cupcake baking stage... I started with making cupcakes for Kermit's baptism... white cupcakes with blue icing just wasn't enough.  I made "suprise" cupcakes, with chocolate kisses inside... Wish I had taken a picture of one cute open, but they were eaten too fast!

Next, I was reading about filling cupcakes, so I tried my hand at Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes... I made a basic yellow cake, but added powdered peanut butter (PB2 is the best!).  Then, after baking, I filled them with jelly - half had grape (the only kind of jelly according to my boys) and strawberry and topped them off with a peanut butter cream cheese frosting... So yummy!

This week we celebrated administrative professionals' day in the office, so I tried my hand at spice cake with apple filling and a vanilla rum frosting!  Super yummy... if there are any left, I will take a picture and post soon! :)

Wilton makes a kit for cupcakes with the tip for filling (the bismark tip) which is fabulous... I have been thinking up ideas for new flavor combos, but apparently am going to be making another cheesecake next week for a birthday... hmmm, cheesecake cupcakes anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment