Thursday, April 7, 2011

Meltdown

I had a slight meltdown last night... not sure what triggered it, but it could be my lack of milk supply (not sure what happened to all that I had in the freezer) or just a hormone surge... Anyways, I was looking for pictures (finally getting around to hanging some) and Duck wanted to "help" - which we all know a 2 year old is no help when looking for something... The shelf I was looking on tipped and dumped everything in my lap... I wanted to scream and I wanted to cry... but was trying to not do either... Guess I kinda snapped when DF tried to help me out, but I needed a few minutes to compose myself and him standing over me didn't help...

Now, add to all this, DF had hernia surgery recently and still can't lift anything over 10 lbs (come on April 25!!!), so he can't lift either boy (Dude is beyoned the needing to be lifted up stage!).  Kermit has hit this stage where, if I am around, I am supposed to constantly hold him... Not that I mind, but it makes it tough to do things with Duck or Dude...

I dearly love my boys and would not change having them... there are just days that I need a break...  I came across a quote and decided to make it my mantra on days like this...
"There is a special place in heaven for moms of all boys"

No comments:

Post a Comment